Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Opening the door to abundance



This chipboard piece has been sitting on my desk now for over two weeks, waiting for me to dream up some inspiration for it. You see, it's was a blank chipboard tag and frame that were together, but meant to be separated and used individually. Well, to me together looked better, almost like a Victorian doorway. So, out came the TAC paper, the hip hardware and abundance is stamp sets. I covered the chipboard with paper from Rustic Chic and distressed the edges with Stazon black ink. I then stamped out the hinge from hip hardware onto chipboard and cut them out. I attached them onto the door using black brads. I added a third brad for the door knob, which is very loose, so that you can actually grab it to open. I then stamped the inside saying in cranberry ink from Colorbox and adhered the white CS to the back of the door. I then added the rest of the card stock to finish up the card.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is just too cool, see - sometimes its pretty good to just let things lie around until inspriation hits ya in the head ;) Love that hinge idea!!

etha@moregreenwool.com

Ticia said...

super cool!