Sunday, July 22, 2007

In Memory



My mother just passed away on Monday July 16th. She lead a very full and rewarding life. She suffered in the last few years due to the effects of living with diabetes for 30+ years. Her kidneys just gave out and she ended up dieing of congestive heart failure.

What I loved most about my mom is that fact that she had such a great sense of humor! and wow, she was the best listener....she could just sit and talk and listen for hours. She was the best cook, and my Dad has always said that's why he married her! The one thing that drove me nuts about my mom, was the simple fact that she was just so darn talented when it came to Cross Stitch, sewing, knitting and crocheting. She taught me how to do everything, but I couldn't grasp the patients for doing those things. I guess that's why I turned to stamping and scrapbooking!

The card you see above was one I made for her for Mother's day. I ended up putting this in her casket at the funeral, that way she will always have it with her.

Thank you to all my friends over at A Shade of Blue for all your thoughts and prayers! It meant the world to me!

I will be off to Las Vegas for a couple of days. I'm looking forward to the heat, air conditioning, meeting up with old friends and of course the gambling!

Hydrangea stamp by the Angel Company!

4 comments:

Heather Devino said...

Laurie--I'm so sorry for your loss. Heather, Angel #3172

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I feel so bad that I didn't read your post sooner. I too am sorry for your loss. Your post is an awesome tribute to her. I don't think I could be as brave and have written it as well as you.

You are in my prayers.

NG.
Angel #2661

Jovita @ Inky Impressions said...

Laurie I'm sorry to hear about your mother... sending hugs your way ~ jovi

Kay Kalthoff said...

Laurie,
It sounds like our mothers could have been twins . . . right down to the diabetes. My mother passed away in 1996 at the age of 57. She'd had diebetes since she was eleven years old. Doctors told her she wouldn't live to see thirty, she would never have children and that she would likely go blind or lose her legs. NONE of those three things happened to her - praise God. She lived a full and wonderful life. She suffered, like your mom did the last few years as she went on dialysis because her kidneys failed her.
Even though I don't know you, hugs to you. We are kindred spirits with our shared story. My mom was always just wonderful with knitting, crocheting and sewing. I didn't pick up on any of that ... lol! But, stampin' gives me that creative feeling for sure!
Thanks for letting me share my story with you.