Sunday, December 16, 2007

Card Sketch #42 and a technique!



Here's twist for you. A card sketch and a technique all in one!

I started off doing my technique challenge #38 over at a shade of blue and liked how my card was turning out and decided to sketch it, too!

The main panel is done using the faux silk technique using tissue paper. I also stamped the flower sprig with versamark and embossed with clear embossing powder for the background panel. Both of these are layered with brown cardstock. The sentiment was stamped on ivory paper and layered with pink to match the flowers. I used Marvy LePlume markers in pale pink, bubble gum pink and leaf green to color in the asian flower. Pink brads were added to finish off the card. Be sure to click on the "A Shade of Blue" challenge blog tag to your right to get the details on how to do the faux silk technique!

Supplies:
Stamps - Stampin' Up! Artfully Asian
Sentiment stamp - Savvy Stamps
White tissue paper
Brown and ivory cardstock
Ivory paper from HOTP
Pink Brads

5 comments:

Rosella said...

WOW this card is gorgeous! Great sketch! And I really like this background. I have never seen it before.

Kerry Johnson said...

Gorgeous card! I love that set yet it never seems to make my order! I really want to try that faux silk technique - thanks for sharing!

Marilyn said...

That is the most beautiful elegant card! Need to try that faux silk technique - looks so inviting - maybe after Christmas!! :)

JazzyH said...

I love the card and I love the sketch. Thanks for the inspiration.

laos348 said...

Your card is so pretty and thanks for the sketch!