Sunday, February 3, 2008

Card Sketch #50 - Chalk Hydrangea's



Wow, I can't believe that I've done 50 of these sketches! It's been a lot of fun putting things together and trying to be creative! Sometimes it works, sometimes it dosn't. I know that it helps me think outside of the box, when I have a diagram to go by. Anyway, I hope you all have enjoyed my sketches and have gotten some inspiration from them.



This is an old retired stamp from The Angel Company that just begs to be done in chalk. The lady that owns one of my LSS suggested that I try using these pastels from Faber-Castell as they are more vibrant. She was right. She taught me to pool them on a piece of scratch paper and then pick up the dust with either Q-Tips or eye makeup applicators. I used the eye makeup applicators so that I could have a bit more control over where the colors went. I also had my trusty chalk erasure handy to clean up around the edges.


The blue background is done with a dauber and ice blue chalk ink from Colorbox. All panels are layered with cardstock that matches the chalk colors I used.

Supplies:
Hydrangea Stamp - TAC
White Cardstock
Blue, pink and purple cardstock from Bazzill
Brads
Palette Noir ink
Ice blue chalk ink
Faber-Castell soft pastels

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Laurie, I love this sketch a lot. A whole lot! And the way you used that stamp, all the colors. WOW!

Lesa said...

Wow! This is absolutely beautiful! I love the chalking. I need to pull my chalks out again. I haven't used them in forever. This turned out fabulous!

Velta said...

Laurie ~ I cannot believe that this has been colored with chalks...what an artist you are...I haven't used chalks in forever, but this work makes me want to go pull them out. Thanks for sharing :)

Stacy said...

Beautiful!!! You did a wonderful job on this.

Kerry Johnson said...

Gorgeous card Laurie! Love that stamp and your chalking is beautiful! I'll have to pull mine out again!

Rosella said...

Another great sketch. And I love that you are showing us how you colored your flowers so beautifully! Thank you!

laos348 said...

Those flowers are beautiful - they do look wonderful chalked. And such a cool sketch!

Stampin' Meg said...

COol chalk technique-I have never used them indirectly like that-I will definitely give it a try!

Anita said...

I really wanted to try my hand at this sketch. I had such fun playing with my Tilda!

http://www.wowprincess.com/anita/?p=116