Thursday, July 24, 2008

A few TAC cards to share

Hello everyone! I wanted to share two sketch challenge cards that I did over at SCS that use TAC stamps.



This one is Butterfly Bits. I stamped the butterflies in Memories Muted Violet chalk ink, that was stamped off once. Then came back with the same ink full strength to do the flowers. I added liquid pearls in white opal to the centers. The back ground strips are done using my direct to paper polished stone technique. If you want to see my tutorial on that, click here. The back ground paper is a pearl sparkle from paper accents.




This next one is done using the Everyday Events stamp set. It's colored with prisma color pencils and blended with OMS. I also used the black glaze gel pen for the centers of the flowers in the window box. The cloud back ground was air brushed with Copic Ciao markers and a cloud stencil. As you can see I used my nestabilities rectangle dies to cut out the main image. Paper is from the Core'dinations line. The red prima flowers were added to match the window box flowers. I had to cut a flower apart that looks like a leaf, to make one.

These sketches are from SCS - numbers 184 and 185 and can be seen here.

I'll be leaving for a weeks vacation on Sunday - will post another card sketch before I go tho!




1 comment:

BarbL said...

Very lovely cards! I'm gonna have to case the Everyday Events.