Sunday, August 17, 2008

Cut out leaves

Here's a card that came about while playing around. I like how the leaves turned out, but the brown sponging doesn't look all that appealing! It looks sort of muddy to me. I would appreciate any comments, here.


The leaves were colored with Prisma color pencils and blended with odorless mineral spirits. It took a lot of work to cut these leaves out and have them be in line, so to speak. The sentiment is from Savvy stamps and the leaves are a retired set from The Angel Company.

Another sketch will be posted later today!

4 comments:

Vicki Hook said...

I like how you cut the leaves on the side - I enjoy that technique! I don't think the brown is too muddy either.

Dianette Seda said...

The brown don't look muddy at all. IT gives an earthy look to your card without overwhelming it.

BarbL said...

LOVE the cut out leaves. (I still like that set.) I don't think the brown is too muddy. Maybe add a couple more fall colors to your sponging sporadically to give it more of a fall leaf look?

Stampin' Meg said...

This is so pretty how you hand cut the leafy edge, Laurie