Friday, August 29, 2008

Notebook

Here's a project that I just completed using a kit I found at my local Big Lot's! This was marked $2.50 and the chipboard and hardware alone is worth more than that! Needless to say I picked up two of them!



















The Notebook kit came with the following supplies and measures 5 1/4 x 5 1/4:
  • 1 chipboard cover
  • 2 chipboard squares
  • 1 metal clip
  • 1 note pad
  • 10 printed papers
  • 1 chipboard punch-out sheet (frame, ribbon slide, photo corner, file label)
  • 1 pocket punch-out
  • 1 sticker sheet
  • 24" of assorted ribbon
  • 11" of binding tape
  • 4 mini brads
  • 2 brads

Not bad for $2.50!!!



















I added a few other embellishments and ribbon, but what a fun project! All paper is from The Angel Company called Amberely Grace. I painted the chipboard frame a cream color to match the colors in the dp. I didn't do a very good job coloring the CB ribbon slide - I should of primed it first so that the color of the ink wouldn't have gotten so dark. I used Kinderbet alpha stamps to stamp the notes on the ribbon - and Swirls are stamped on the pocket card on the inside. When I took these pictures the glue was still on the wet side on the ribbon - lesson learned - wait until dry to do a photo! The kit is called Gallery J by colorbok.

I hope everyone has a terrific Labor Day weekend! Yea - three days of no work!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This is beautiful!! I haven't stopped by a Big Lot's for a long time. You can usually find some cool stuff. What a great bargain for $2.50!!

Sarah G.