Friday, November 21, 2008

Another TAC Christmas Card

Hello there! I was playing around and came up with two versions of this card and thought I'd share them with you. I just added a few more embellishments and changed the card base color and layers.
This first card uses a cream card stock for its base. I stamped the images in versamark and embossed with gold embossing powder. I also took my ruler and a versamark pen and drew an outline around the main panel and embossed it too. The holly is done the same way but on very heavy cardstock and cut out. I added liquid pearls in Ruby for the berries and then let it dry (which seemed to take forever). Then I used my fingernails and bowed the holly so that it stood out when I added the dimensionals to make it pop. I found a bulk package of these extra large eyelets by We are Memory Keepers and added it to the bottom and threaded wired gold ribbon through. The red paper in the back ground is from Hot Off the Press.


On this one, I did the exact same things except I added two more sprigs of holly and used Bazzill red card stock as the base, and layered it with white card stock. I think I like the one above the best. What do you think?


Supplies:
Stamps - The Angel Company - Sprigs, Deco Designs, Christmas fun and a GWP sentiment.
Paper - Bazzill red, HOTP, cream and white card stock and heavy duty green cs.
Gold ribbon
Gold extra large eyelets
Versamark
Gold Embossing Powder


See ya soon!




6 comments:

Dianette Seda said...

Oh my! I love this card! I might be able to case it in part! Well, if I do I'll let you know.

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Specially the way you added non Christmas stamps to it.

Vicki Hook said...

VERY pretty! I love the gold edging!

Suzanne said...

Love, love, love them!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh geez...both of these cards are so elegant! I love the large eyelets with the gold bow...and the edging just makes this card stand out! Thanks for the 'encouraged' label...you are a sweetheart :)

Laurie said...

I love these cards! It is amazing how the same idea can produce two totally different looks! The embossing is so pretty!

Bridgett Owens said...

I am not able to choose which I like best. I love them both! Fabulous job!!! WOW!!! I love the embossing.
Hugs,
Bridgett