Monday, November 24, 2008

Card Sketch #104

Hi everyone! Here's sketch #104 - Let it snow. This measures a normal A2 size.


I just ran across this brand of paper that is new to me, and bought a pack of their "winter" colors. It's from American Crafts and I'll post a link below.

I also just found the snow flake embossing folder and die from provo craft and had to literally snatch it off the shelf, before someone else got it before me. There was only three left and they were going like hotcakes!



The die cut snow flake is sponged with sky blue chalk ink - then dunked in some crystal glitter. I had to cave in and buy the branch punch from Martha Stewart at Michael's the other day, while it was still on sale. I punched a few branches out of white card stock and added it to the top of the snow flake and topped it off with a button. I've been seeing this type of layered effect on so many projects out there, and fell in love with it....so, here's my first attempt at casing one. Quite frankly, Anna Wight (sweet miss daisy) does them the best!



I hope all of you have a blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends!

Supplies:

  • Stamps - Sentiment from Impression Obsession
  • Paper - AC card stock - link here
    Branch punch by Martha Stewart
  • Button, Brad, crystal glitter
  • Nestabilities rectangle dies
  • Snow flake die and embossing folders by provo craft







4 comments:

Melisa Waldorf said...

Another great sketch Laurie!

Bridgett Owens said...

That is a really pretty card! My favorite colors! The sketch is great, too. I am eager to try some of your sketches. They are all great!!!

Dianette Seda said...

I think I might try that sketch any time soon! Just by seeing it thought of my fish stamp!

Anonymous said...

What a clever girl you are!!! Using that Martha Stewart branch punch to make it look like a snowflake...I'm gonna have to steal that idea from ya...this card is very elegant :)