Monday, January 5, 2009

Card Sketch Tuesday #110

Happy Tuesday! Here is sketch #110 - measuring the normal A2 size!

I decided to use this stamp image from TAC that I got a while back, but really haven't had time to play with.


I stamped the butterfly in black then embossed with clear ep. It's colored with a yellow Copic marker. I decided that simple was the way to leave it and then just layered the image with blue and yellow that matched the designer paper in the back ground.


The sentiment is from an old retired set from TAC, which is stamped in black and then layered the same way. I added some soft yellow ribbon pulls on the left hand side for some interest. Both the butterfly and sentiment are popped up using foam tape.


Have a great week!


Supplies:
Stamps - The Angel Company - Butterfly swirls, Asian Butterfly (retired)
Designer Paper - Making Memories, Sydney collection
Bazzill blue and yellow card stock
Palette Noir ink
Clear embossing powder
Yellow grosgrain ribbon


5 comments:

Joani McDonald said...

Hi Laurie, love your blog. I found you thru SCS. I'm an angel too!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Hugs,
Joani

Bridgett Owens said...

Great sketch, as always! You did a wonderful job on your card, too.

Anonymous said...

Love this sketch!

I'll see if I can come up with something! I really want to participate this time.

Will leave you another comment as soon as I come up with something.

Anonymous said...

Very elegant Laurie!! I love the shade of blue you used with the yellow :)

suzann said...

hey laurie,

so glad you used your new butterfly stamp, love the colors and the old sentiment really matches well...