Monday, January 19, 2009

Card Sketch Tuesday #112

Happy Tuesday! Here is sketch #112 - a very green Thanks!

The main panel is done by stamping the leaf with versamark onto a piece of watercolor paper. It's then embossed with clear embossing powder and heat set. Then I sponged some pine needles green distress ink all over the paper and wiped off the distress ink on the embossed leaves.

I stamped the same leaf onto another piece of light green card stock and added some clear embossing again. The left hand panel uses some Gift With Purchase stamps to add the sentiment and a smaller leaf pattern.

I added some spring moss grosgrain ribbon in the middle of the main panel with a knot tied into the middle. The same ribbon is added on the bottom with gold rhinestone stickers in the middle of the two smaller panels.

I was trying to create a masculine thank you card - but it sorta came out a little bit feminine with all that ribbon! LOL! Have a great week!


Supplies:
Stamps - The Angel Company - Pretty Posies and GWP's
Paper - Bazzill card stock in greens, watercolor paper, white card stock
Grosgrain ribbon in spring moss
Gold rhinestones
Clear embossing powder
Versamark ink
Pine needles distress ink
Palette Jardin Moss ink



3 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

Very nice card! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not I don't know what stamp is that but after seeing your card I wish I have it. But since I'm going on vacations in less than a month, I can't buy too many stamps. lol.

Great sketch and inspiration! Ohhh and love the monochromatic feel of the card!

nic_d said...

This card is gorgeous! I love how you got the opposite effect on your leaves with the different techniques...very cool!