Sunday, January 11, 2009

Out of my comfort zone colors!

Have you ever shied away from certain colors? I do - specifically orange, unless it's for a Halloween card! I decided to step outside my comfort zone and try to create something with the color orange and pair it with a real in your face spring green. Here is the result.


I did the scallops with my slit punch on 1 1/2 inch strips of the orange and green card stock. Stacked them up and placed them on top and bottom of this card. I found some really nice gold self adhesive rhinestone stickers at M's and used them in each of the scallops and in the corners of the main panel. This card turned out very bright, but also very springy! It definitely took me out of my comfort zone - and that is a good thing to do now and then! =)

Supplies:
Stamps - Penny Black Salutations
Versamagic ink
Palette Jardin Moss and Noir ink
Gold rhinestones
Orange and green card stock by Core'dinations



5 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

I think this is a very bright and cheery card. I like all the details. Very pretty!

laos348 said...

These colors look great - nicely done!

Anonymous said...

I'm an orange-lover and this card is GREAT!

Sandy said...

I really like your layout!

Vicki Hook said...

I love it when we step outside our comfort zones and it turns out great! Way to go!