Thursday, January 15, 2009

Post it notes!

Here's a little cover I created to cover up some post it notes.


I started with some heavy weight scrap chipboard, which I cut about 1/4 inch bigger than a package of post it notes. I used a glue stick to adhere the paper to the chipboard and then rolled over it with my brayer to make sure that it stuck. I used a tag to stamp the "just a note" sentiment and layered it with coordinating card stock. I stamped a few flowers in matching chalk ink, added a white dot to the center of the flower with a gel pen, and finished with matching ribbon.

I lined the inside with paper from the same paper pack to give it a finished look. Stamped more of the flowers on the inside and the post it note papers. Finally binding everything together with the "Bind it all".

I was very please with how this turned out and plan to make a few more in the future. Have a great weekend!


Supplies:
Paper - Angelee from The Angel Company
Ribbon - The Angel Company
Stamps - TAC - tag tid bits and petal pack
Versamagic chalk ink
Palette Noir ink
White gel pen
Post it notes
Heavy chip board
Bind it all wires


7 comments:

Trudy Osborn said...

This is so beautiful! I would LOVE to get a bind-it-all.
It is on my wishlist

Suzanne said...

Lovely! It makes the post its so much more attractive. I'm sure it keeps them from getting all bent up too.

Bridgett Owens said...

I love this and have this project on my TO MAKE list. I think it would be great for my daughter's teachers. I love the Angelee papers. Wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

This is "precious!" I would love to make this for Christmas gifts this year....TFS a wonderful idea...Oh, I guess you have enabled me to buy a Bind It All :)

laos348 said...

Fabulous idea and such a pretty outer cover!

nic_d said...

I love this idea! Great project!

Vicki Hook said...

This little book is so adorable!