Friday, January 2, 2009

Thanks a bunch!

Here's a card I put together using my new nestabilities dies I got for Christmas! I was ready to do something colorful - spring time - I'm so burned out on winter and snow right now!

The flowers were stamped on white card stock, colored with Copic Markers, then painstakingly cut out with scissors. I remember seeing a blog entry regarding how to make your own prima flowers with a punch and then going over the flower with a stylus to make it pop up. That is what I did with these.


Here is a close up of how the flowers look.

I did pop up a few of these using foam tape. I also added Kaiser Craft self adhesive pearls to the centers of the flowers. The flower stamp is from Cards of Maria - I think this came out very cheerful and would perk up anyone's day!

Supplies:
Stamps - Cards of Maria, sentiment from Great Impressions, Leaf by The Angel Company
Copic Ciao Markers
Green card stock - Bazzill
White card stock - Georgia Pacific
Green gingham ribbon
Kaiser Craft Pearls


Have a great day!



4 comments:

Bridgett Owens said...

That is a beautiful card, Laurie. I love your coloring and the leaves look so vibrant and bold!

Sarah said...

Such a pretty card! I really like the pearls!

Sarah G.

Anonymous said...

This card is a fresh breath of air from all the winter cards that I've seen recently. Love your card! It is full of color and elegant details.

Jany

Jeanette Wallén said...

Gorgeous card! I just love the colour explosion! :D

Jeanette - Tettiz