Friday, February 20, 2009

A little creativity

Hi all - wanted to share a few cards that I've done recently. This first one was done for a ribbon challenge over at the Stamp Shack. Basically, the challenge was to quit hoarding the fancy stuff and use it. This is what I came up with.


I bought the ribbon at Wal-Mart a while back and just didn't know what to do with it. It's so bright and sunny looking, but I couldn't figure out what to use it on.

I just bought the daisy Quickutz die (to see if it worked in the cuttlebug - yep, it does!) and cut a few out just practicing. Then I saw the challenge at The Stamp Shack and the light bulb went on. The sentiment is from Impression Obsession, and I punched a few butterflies out of coordinating paper and popped them on the card. An orange button is glued onto the center of the daisy.

ETA: The sandwich used with the Quickutz die in the cuttlebug - A plate, C plate, die and B plate.

I also did this card a while ago and thought I'd post it. The flower is colored with Copic Ciao markers and a pearl is adhered to it's center. I sponged on some sky blue chalk ink around the flower using an Oval as my mask. The sentiment is from The Angel Company. The designer paper is from who knows where (same with the flower stamp). I have got to do a better job of marking my stuff - it really bugs me when I can't name the manufacturer of things! The card stock is Pure Poppy from PTI and I added a grosgrain and satin ribbon to finish things off.

I hope you all have a great weekend and find time to be a little creative yourself!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great cards. I love the one with the daisy and butterfly cutous. Would you be interested in posting the sandwhich you used for quikkutz die ? TFS

Debra Hensley said...

Both cards are fabulous! The daisy card is so cheerful and bright. I love them both!!

Anonymous said...

The butterfly card is gorgeous!
The flower card is so sweet!

Christina

Melisa Waldorf said...

Laurie these are beautiful!