Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More challenge cards!

Hi everyone! I got a rare treat on Monday and got to participate in two challenges over at SCS. The technique lovers challenge and the Clean and Simple challenge. I'll link up the posts below if you'd care to take a look later.

This first one is the one I did for TLC. It's a crimped envelope pocket card. You take a normal A2 envelope and cut 1 1/4" off one end after you've sealed it. Stamp or decorate it as you see fit, run it through your crimper and then make a card insert to go along with it.

After I found and dusted off my crimper, I had the idea of using one of my favorite SU sets, Best Blossoms and pairing it with some Dragonfly images from Impression Obsession. First I sponged on some distress ink in faded jeans and let it dry. I used Palette Jardin Moss to stamp the leaves and did some ghost stamping, too. The dragonfly stamp is a set of three together - so I colored one dragonfly with a black marker and randomly stamped it on the face of the envelope. Then I ran that portion through my crimper. I added the spring moss grosgrain ribbon to the top and tied a knot (several times, since I never get it right the first time).

The insert card is made the same way - I just added the sentiment in the bottom right hand corner. I took another piece of white card stock and sponged some more faded jeans around the outside so that it would match the envie. I love how this turned out! You can see the challenge here.


This next one was done for the Clean and Simple challenge to accent with dots on your card. You could not use the swiss dots CB folder or DP, but had to do some paper piercing or add dots using a marker. I decided to add some paper piercing between some score lines on the left and bottom of the card. The stamps are from Verve and I colored the flower with Copic Ciao Markers in V12, V15 and V17. The scalloped circle has paper piercing around it, too.

I hope everyone is having a great week!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

These are beautiful. I'm going to lift the clean and simple one for a class I'm teaching. Hope you don't mind.

Etha said...

what beautiful cards!! Love the colors on the crimper one and all the leaves, great combo!
The piercing on the second card is wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

Need to try this out! TFS!