Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wonderful Day!

Greetings all! Here's a quick post to share my creation for this weeks SCS sketch challenge.

The designer paper is from Times to Cherish by Current.

I've included the link for you to take a peek - this paper is awesome, very thick and a great quality for the price. Anyway.....I cut the paper per the sketch and layered it with the coordinating teal card stock that came in the kit. I stamped the sentiment in black and then stamped around it with the leaf stamp. I decided to stamp a few more and cut them out so that I could pop them up with foam tape. That was a bit of a challenge!!! The sentiment is layered in black to set off the color of the chalk ink I used. IRL the ink almost matches the leaves that are in the DP.

I found some teal brads in my stash and added three to the top right corner. I got lucky and found three right away - which is something to celebrate when you have a jar full of colored brads!

Have a great one!

Supplies:

  • Stamps:
  • Sentiment - Wonderful day (retired) TAC
  • Leaf stem from - Pretty Posies (retired) TAC
  • VersaMagic chalk ink in Oasis Green
  • Designer paper - see above
Photobucket

4 comments:

Stampin' Meg said...

I like how you bumped up the leaves- it's a very serene card.

Lesa said...

Ha Ha my first thought was serene! Meg beat me to it. Great minds think alike. It is so soft and pretty. I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Laurie ~ This paper is gorgeous...this card is so elegant! I am so very complimented by your comment about buying the Artful INKables stamps I have used...It means the world to me to know that I have 'actually' inspired someone. Especially when it comes from an artist like you :)

Vicki Hook said...

I love how some of the leaves are popped - great effect!