Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Card Sketch Tuesday #132

Good Afternoon! I got a little behind yesterday and didn't get this posted on Monday night like I usually do.

Here's sketch #132 which measures a normal A2 size.

This sketch actually came about as I was playing around with some different techniques, ala Tim Holtz.

The tag is kraft paper (lighter than card stock) and is crumpled up to get it good and wrinkled. I added some distress ink in vintage photo (direct to paper) and then spritzed with water. Using my mini iron, I ironed out and dried the tag and got a really cool looking tag. Using a variety of stamps and inks this is the end result of my collage tag.

Next I decided to get out my grunge board and found a key that would work as an embellishment. It's colored with a black Copic Ciao marker (which worked really well) and then I decided to add a bit of design to it. Using copper embossing powder, versamark and a swirl stamp - this took on a really interesting texture. Very cool in real life! I used the copper embossing powder around the sentiment label to tie things together.

I very rarely do anything grungy, but this was fun to experiment with! Have a great week!

Supplies:
Kraft paper
Black card stock
Distress ink - vintage photo, black soot
Versamark
Copper Embossing Powder
Stamps - Swirl on key is from TAC, sentiment from Stampendous, dotted line stamp from Savvy stamps, All stamps used on the tag are from Limited Edition.
Extra large eyelet - We R memory Keepers
Grunge board
Twine

Photobucket

1 comment:

Kim said...

Laurie Love this sketch.. & the key looks so awesome with the swirls & embossing! This is a super neat card!