Thursday, June 11, 2009

Color combo inspiration

Hi everyone! A while back, Nicole Heady had a feature on her blog about inspiration and where to look for it. I thought that her insight was fresh, thoughful and right on target. I periodically watch the shows on HGTV (love House Hunters) and found myself on their web site recently. I ran across this picture and thought that the colors were a really interesting mix. Well I just had to try my hand at seeing if I could duplicate it on a card.

Well, this is what I came up with.

I really liked the putty or gray color of that one wall and used a gray card stock as my base. I dusted off my linen back ground stamp and inked it up with a warm wheat color and layered it with black. The lime green accents came into play with the circle nestabilites. I've had this piece of green polka dot paper in my scrap pile for about two years and finally found somewhere to use it! I tied a black satin ribbon with my new Bow-easy (this tool is a must have) and called it good.
So, what do you think?

Supplies:
Gray, black, white and lime card stock
Circle and scalloped circle nestabilities
Enjoy sentiment from Studio G stamps
Linen BG stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms
Palette Noir ink, Wheat chalk ink from Versamagic
Black Satin Ribbon
Photobucket

1 comment:

Bridgett Owens said...

Wow! I love the card! The inspiration piece is awesome. I like the shows on HGTV, too. I need one of those bow easy tools! Beautiful bow! Love that ribbon! Where'd you get the tool?