Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Creative flower petals

Hi all! I wanted to share with you a card I did that used a stamp from the following TAC set - Memo fun - in a different and creative way.


The pear in the red circle above was stamped in Versamagic in Spring Pansy and then cut out. The leaves on the top of the pear were cut off too, by the way. I attached these "pears" which are now petals to a base (snowflake punch out) with Mono Multi and once dried, curled them up to resemble flower petals. I did add a bit of highlights to the end of the petals with purple hydrangea ink from Versamagic.


I decided to use white buttons for the center of my flowers, once I had them all assembled. I added some two step stamping of leaves to anchor my three flowers down, then layered with some green card stock. The purple designer paper is from the Genevieve collection from TAC. This was a lot of fun to do, but tedious in the cutting of all those "pears". However, you never know when a stamp can become something totally different than what it was orginally intended to be.

Hope you're having a great week!

Supplies:
Stamps - Memo Fun, Rose Garden, sentiment from Ordinary Greetings all from The Angel Company.
Paper - white and green card stock, Designer paper - Genevieve collection, TAC
Satin ribbon
Tag
White buttons

Photobucket

4 comments:

LadybugSue said...

Love this card, and the cleaver use of pear stamp. Very pretty colors.

Sarah G. said...

What a great idea!! This card is beautiful and I never would have thought to use the pear stamp for petals. :)

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

How cleaver is that!!! Pretty color combo too. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I've always loved the way green and purple look together.