Friday, March 19, 2010

Rita's anyone?

Hi everyone! This card is for a co-workers birthday that is coming up on Monday. She's kind of a party girl and loves her cocktails! I think she'll get a kick out of this card!

The stamps are from Penguin pants stamps and the glasses and sentiment are stamped in Memento ink. I used a Copic marker to color in the margarita mix! The bright designer paper is from Paper Pizazz. I liked the festive look of it and thought it went great with the Rita's!

I added a bit of "salt" to the glasses using a pair of scissors and a styrofoam ball. A little scraping and a little glue and we have salt! Click on the picture to see the full effect!

The sentiment tag is a nestie from spellbinders and I added some yellow pearls to match the dp instead of using brads.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a super weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT card Laurie (love my 'ritas too). Super tip about making the rim salted. I've rubbed two styrofoam balls together to get a little pile of shavings and then dropped a little bit of reinker on them -- creates your own faux flower soft. I'll be thinking of your card as I imbibe my own midori 'rita this weekend.

Laurie said...

I'd take a "rita" right now! A strawberry one! :) Your card is so cute! Love the salt!

Marlene said...

LOVE the salt on the glass!! How craftastic of you!