Friday, April 2, 2010

Spring Color

Hey everyone! It's one of those dreary days here in the Pacific Northwest. It's actually suppose to be very windy later on, with heavy rain. This week has not been good weather for us at all! It's one spring storm after another. However depressing it might be, I still look forward to what all that water will bring in a few weeks! Greens, yellows, oranges, reds, blues!

Today's card was made with that in mind.

The stamps are from TAC "enjoy nature" which is a level A hostess set. The flowers are stamped in Versamagic and the sentiment is stamped in Palette Noir and then embossed with clear embossing powder.

I altered on the stamps - basically cut off one of the flowers to make a single one. That is what I used to add the pop of the red flowers within all the yelllows and oranges.

The corner rounder from Bind-it-all was used to round the corners on the bottom of the card. Lastly, I tied a bit of grosgrain ribbon around the bottom. In real life these colors are so rich and Tuscan looking.

Have a wonderful day!



Supplies:
TAC stamps
TAC Paper Mixx Moxie
Versamagic ink - thatched straw, mango madness, brick red
Grosgrain ribbon
Palette Noir
Clear embossing powder

4 comments:

Heidi Hihn said...

Love the sunny look of this card! It reminds me that warm weather is coming our way!

Christine Pennington said...

Beautiful! I love the colors. I also do 'surgery' on my stamps! ;)

Glittered Paws said...

How pretty - sunshine is just around the corner with this card. I just never think to use yellow - hmm...might have to rethink.

Bridgett Owens said...

I love this card. It has an almost south-western feel to it, to me. I love those warm colors and vibrant hues. Such a great card to beat the winter and stormy blues!
Angel Hugs,
Bridgett