Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Father's Day Card #1

Hey everyone! I spent Father's Day with my Dad prior to heading up to Alaska. However, I wanted to show case some of the cards I have done with images from The Digi Shack.



This image and sentiment are only $1 over at TDS! The ties are colored with Copic Markers and the stripes are accented with a black gel glaze pen. I printed out two sets of the three ties, colored one set and cut them out and popped them up with foam tape over the other. I love the 3D effect it gives on this card.

The kraft cardstock was embossed with the paid embossing folder from Provo Craft and then I swiped an ink pad over the top of the raised edges while it was still in the folder. I really like how it adds more dimension to the embossing.

I have one more card to show case as we count down to Father's Day, so stay tuned! As I gave my Dad his card at dinner his statement to the whole table was; "she's made another one!" He fully expects to get a handmade card from me and would be highly disappointed if I got him a store bought one! I find this a bit sweet and funny at the same time!

Thanks for stopping by and letting me know what you think!

4 comments:

Marlene said...

Awww...how sweet. Love that your dad appreciates your handmade cards.

This one is adorable. Love the embossing and black ink effect! Great technique.

Barb said...

Wonderful Father's Day card, Laurie! Love the embossed texture & how you raised the ties off the panel :)

Chelsea said...

Adorable!!

Heather said...

Great Father's Day card- love how you kept it clean and simple!