Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mini bag gift card holder

Hello - You might have seen this featured on SCS awhile back. I thought it was darling and just had to try to make it. Needless to say this was my second attempt. Does that ever happen to you? The first one looks like crap, but you stick with it till you get it right? snort!

Green cardstock is from Papertrey Ink. The leaf swirl stamp and the happy birthday sentiment are from Victorine Originals. I used Palette Jardin Moss to stamp everything in.

The leaf cut out is from Sizzix and works really well behind the paper flower. That flower is made of Coffee filters and cut from the Tim Holtz tattered florals alterations die. I used distress inks in scattered straw and spiced marmalade and swiped them directly onto my craft sheet. Spritzed with water and dipped them in inks and let dry. The center is a clear button that I colored with a copic marker. Lime green rhinestones were added for some bling.

To get the fancy end on the sentiment flag I used the cornice border punch from Martha Stewart crafts.

So what do you think of my second attempt at this gift card holder? I wont show you the first one as I filed it away in the round bin pretty quickly.

Thanks for stopping by and make sure you come back on Sunday for two posts that you wont want to miss. First up is a Christmas card showcase for Victorine Originals and a tag blog hop that a few TAC Angels are doing.

-Laurie

4 comments:

Patti J said...

Lol...threw one in the round bin last week, and did NOT try a second time! Love your cute little box, Laurie! Thanks for sharing!

Tammy said...

Fabulous and the flower is awesome. Terrific way to give a gift card.

Jeni said...

I don't know what your first one looked like Laurie but this one is Fabulous!!! I love the paper, the stamp, the flower...everything looks beautiful ~jeni :)

Marlene said...

A flower made with coffee filters! How cool! Fantastic project, Laurie!