Friday, September 16, 2011

Faux silk

Hey there! I haven't done this technique in a long while and thought this image was so perfect for it!

I stamped the bamboo in Bamboo leaves ink from Memento onto tissue paper. Let it dry thoroughly! Ask me why? Well, it tends to smudge when you crumple up the tissue paper! LOL! Did this a few times and even created another card much like this one, that I will show you later because I tried to hide the smudges.

Vintage cream cardstock used as the card base and the base for the tissue paper to be glued on. The green is highland green smoothie from Bazzill. Spring green grosgrain ribbon from Ribbons and Bows Oh My is used to create the photo corner on the top right.

The detail of the wrinkling is a little hard to see in the photo I think, sorry about that. The one I'll show you later is way more pronounced! Both cards ended up being clean and simple ones, too!

Thanks for stopping in and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Marlene said...

I can see the detail when I blow up the pic...really cool effect! Beautiful card, Laurie. I love the techniques you show us.

Tammy said...

Lovely card, Beautiful color and I love its simplicity.

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Laurie! The green ink is beautiful - thanks for sharing with us :)

Glittered Paws said...

Very pertty - and I love the image you chose to do this technique. I haven't done this is a long time so now you have tweeked my interest.