Monday, October 3, 2011

Branches

Hello! Going clean and simple again today! I pulled out a favorite stamp from the Deco Designs set from TAC. This little branch is one of my all time favs!


I stamped it in French Roast ink from A*Muse and then overlapped it several times without re-inking. The long rectangle nestie was used to emboss and frame it. Sentiment is from A*Muse Studio and is cut out with the tag nestie from Spellbinders. I sponged on some antique linen distress ink while it was still in the die. IRL it's subtle and looks pretty.

Using the lattice embossing folder I only embossed half of the kraft cardstock. Brown gingham ribbon used to cover the line and hold the tag sentiment. Amber rhinestones from Kaisercraft used on the right side to add some bling. Lastly, I cut out one of the birds from the Martha Stewart border punch and glued it onto the branch.

This card came about because I had gotten the french roast pigment ink from A*Muse Studio to try out and was playing around and stamping the branch. Hmm, that looks pretty cool and this card was the end result.

6 comments:

Patti J said...

Very pretty fall card, Laurie!!! Thanks for sharing. I just love creating for fall, don't you? Have a good week :)

Myrna Marcano said...

Great idea!
Hugs, Myrna

Danni said...

Very nice card!! Love how you did the embossing!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! Love the 1/2 card embossing!

Jeni said...

Beautiful Laurie! Love it when you stamp in dimension. ~jeni :)

Tammy said...

Beautiful! Love the sleek lines to your card and your use of embossing.