Friday, March 2, 2012

Really red

Hi all! Playing around with the newest A Muse Studio stamps set called Charming Gardeners and wanted to color the poppies red. I just love seeing red poppies growing wild since you mostly see the orange variety. They just seem to pop for me.

It's too bad that I couldn't capture that vivid color with my Copic coloring! =(

White cardstock used for the card base. Bazzill Swiss dot designer paper is cut using the bracket die from Tim Holtz Alterations.

The sentiment is from Hero Arts and is stamped in Palette fresh snow. I hand cut the pennant from PTI's black cardstock. Spellbinders labels 1 in the small and normal dies used to cut out the poppies and layer it in black.

What do you think? Blah?

5 comments:

Patti J said...

You did a beautiful job of 'capturing', Laurie! Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous creation! Thanks for sharing!

Tammy said...

Fantastic! Gorgeous red.

Glittered Paws said...

What do I think - Oh My BEAUTIFUL - this is a must have set - will be on my next order for sure!!! Beautiful coloring.

Donna said...

Great coloring, these flowers are beautiful.

Myrna Marcano said...

Great card!!! Loved colors
Myrna