Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blue Birthday Card

Hello out there! Wanted to share another quick and simple and cheap card using dollar bin finds at Michaels.

The designer paper is from Treasures by Shabby Chic and I'm assuming that the stamp and paper roses are as well.The dollar items were the dp, stamp and the paper roses.

I colored directly on the stamp with Copic markers, spritzed with alcohol ink and stamped it onto white cardstock. Birthday wishes sentiment is from PTI. I also used the same blue Copic marker with my air brush and colored the white roses blue. Punched out a few leaves from the MS craft punch and glued them behind the roses.

The Swiss dot embossing folder is used on the white cardstock and the card base is enchanted evening from PTI. Labels 4 used to cut out the main rose image and the blue layer behind.

I distressed the designer paper with a sponge dauber and Navy ink from A*Muse Studio.

A little different, but still a clean and simple card. What do you think?


5 comments:

Patti J said...

Love the dollar bins, don't you? What a pretty card, Laurie! Thanks for sharing :) Blog candy on my blog-be sure to stop by! Hugs...

Angie said...

Absolutely lovely! That dot folder is one of my favorites! You might want to check out my blog as I've nominated you for an award!

Hugs!
Angie

Char said...

Very, very pretty card!!! The dotted swiss embossing folder is probably one of my favorites.

Tammy said...

Lovely card, beautiful DP.

Donna said...

Beutiful card, one of my favorites!