Sunday, September 23, 2012

Anniversary wishes

Hi all! I actually decided to play along in the weekly sketch challenge over at SCS.  It's been a long time since I've done so and I like that this weeks sketch could be used in so many different ways.


I decided to go pretty clean and simple, but you can really dress this sketch up! Sorry for the dark picture.

Vintage cream cardstock used throughout, with a little bit of shiny gold thrown in for some layers and definition.

The textile embossing folder was used to emboss the back ground layer - I have to say I think that folder and the Swiss dots are my all time favorite embossing folders. I did pop up that layer using foam tape.

Anniversary wishes sentiment is from Papertrey, Ink. Finally, I unearthed some gold cording to use to tie the bow. Not sure if I like it or not. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Very pretty card, Laurie. Love the gold and white together, and the bow is just perfect, as that spot would need a little something! Great job!

Donna said...

Very beautiful, elegant card Laurie!

Donna said...

Very beautiful, elegant card Laurie!