Friday, March 8, 2013

It's your day!

Hi everyone! Time for another CAS card! I have been playing around with an idea on how to achieve a subtle and soft look using vellum. Here is what I came up with.


I used the stamp from the Larger than life set from PTI and colored it with Memento markers in Bamboo leaves and Rose bud. Did the huff and a puff and stamped two images onto a piece of white cardstock. I then did the same with a piece of vellum and heat embossed it using clear embossing powder. The sentiment is also embossed to be consistent on the vellum. Click on the picture to enlarge it and see it more clearly!

I found three brads that matched the flower colors and attached the vellum to the white cardstock. I left the bottom free so that it could "float" free to create that soft look. Added the pink gingham bow with a glue dot to finish it off.

I had to take the picture with this laying flat so that you could see the over lapping of the flower stems, so it came out a bit dark. Oh well, in real life it's pretty cool looking!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Laurie, I love this technique! Your card is beautiful. I just used vellum on the last card I made, but I LOVE this. So pretty!

Glittered Paws said...

Beautiful - so CAS and just breath taking - love it stamped on the vellum. I so seldom get my vellum out - must do that.

Tammy said...

Very pretty and definitely soft! Love the look vellum brings.