Saturday, March 29, 2014

FMS129 - Thinking of you

Hello! I wanted to share my take on this weeks Freshly Made Sketch #129.

The green dot designer paper is from Lasting Impressions. To get the yellow dots on the white panel I used a backgrounder stamp from Stamp Camp and light yellow ink from Studio G. Then I stamped the sentiment from Simon Says Stamps.

The flower is created using one of the tag dies from SSS, which I cut out of light yellow cardstock. The four petals are popped up using foam tape. White twine is woven through the holes and then tied into a bow.

I kept this very clean and simple with a touch of bright spring colors due to the ugly gray clouds outside my window right now! Ugh!

I sure hope mother nature decides to give us a few more sun breaks this weekend so that they can do a better job of search and rescue in Oso. As you have probably seen all over the news, they are still digging out from that huge landslide in Snohomish County WA. My thoughts are prayers go out to everyone involved in that mishap.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!


Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Pretty pretty - and gray skies need to go away - ready for some sunshine here in MO. Your card - screams of sunshine.

Irish Cherokee said...

Very bright and refreshing Laurie. We here in the Mid- Atlantic are ready for a healthy dose of sun and warmth too.

Blessings

Donna said...

What a bright cheery take on this sketch! I am so ready for true spring weather, and I agree, esp. for the search and rescue.

Maureen said...

What a great way to use that tag die - love this!!

Tammy said...

Lovely contemporary card, pretty colors!

Karren said...

Fabulous card, Laurie! Great idea for the flower! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Kristie Goulet said...

Very pretty card, Laurie! Love the flower!!