Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Papertrey March Blog Hop Challenge - Red Baron

Hi everyone! Here's my take on this month's Papertrey, Ink blog hop.

It's high gloss or in my case heat embossing to get that shine!

I got out the Fly Away stamp set and inked up the plane with wild cherry colorbox ink from My Favorite Things. Added some clear embossing powder and heat set it.

I stamped the sentiment and banner then colored in the outline using a red memento marker.

So, in order to get the shine on the clouds I first die cut a few out using the cloud dies from PTI. Using a Versamark ink pad I covered the entire die cut with ink and then using UTEE heat embossed them - three times!  I popped them up on the card base with foam tape to give them some dimension.

To create the sky, I used my Picasso stencil, summer sky ink from Memento and a sponge dauber. I used one of the long rectangle nesties to cut and emboss and Bazzill smoothies cardstock in navy and pure poppy cardstock used to layer the scene.

This was such a fun card to create - thanks for stopping by!
Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments:

Joni Andaya said...

What FUN card Laurie with the glossy clouds :)

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so sweet! Great take on the challenge!

Diane Jaquay said...

So so cute!

StephH said...

Cute card with your glossy clouds. I just purchased this Fly Away set last month - don't know how I missed it all this time - it's a great basic set. And I totally forget about using by big bottle of UTEE - thank you for the inspiration!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love this! The cloud border is fantastic!

Kay D said...

Glossy clouds? SO awesome, I wish I'd thought of that one... this really looks great!

victoria h said...

love the sky with the red plane- great card

craftmates said...

What an adorable card. So fun- Irma

Jeni said...

Super cute Laurie! Your glossy clouds look great! ~jeni :)

Patti said...

How sweet is this!? love your clouds : )

Irish Cherokee said...

Cute card Laurie. Great idea for the shiny clouds and the sky behind the plane is awesome.

Darnell said...

And it sure is a fun card to look at, Laurie! Those clouds are so unique and fabulous! This is cute, cute, cute!! Hugs, Darnell

Larissa Heskett said...

OMG!! LOVING this!! Such an AMAZINGLY FUN Design!! I LOVE your take on the Challenge!! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Megan Carroll said...

Love those clouds!!!

Nancy Penir said...

Just adorable, love the clouds so shiny and bright!