Monday, April 28, 2014

PP193 - Congratulations

Hi all! Here is another sketch that caught my eye over the weekend from The Paperplayers #193.

The poppy stamp is from Gina K Designs. I stamped it in Versamark and then heat embossed it using white detail embossing powder. Then I took a white pigment stamp pad and a water brush and painted on a layer of white. After it dried I came back and colored over it with Prismacolor pencils. I also ended up using a paper stump to blend the colors together a bit. You can see the details in the smaller photo.

Tag die is from PTI and so is the congratulations sentiment. I took the picket fence distress marker and drew around the sentiment banner so that it would stand out a bit more.


Green dot designer paper is from Memory Box and the yellow cardstock is from Hot Off The Press.

Yellow gingham ribbon tied onto the tag is from my ribbon stash. I left off the bling in the top right corner on purpose to keep this a bit more CAS.


 Here is the sketch! Thanks for stopping by!


Follow on Bloglovin











7 comments:

Patti J said...

Very pretty, Laurie. As always, your colors are so lovely! Great design :-)

Irish Cherokee said...

Nice job Laurie Good arrangement and color choices. Ilike how you colored the poppies. Nice touch.

Blessings
Jim

TheFireFlyStudio67 said...

Gorgeous! Your water colouring is amazing!

Nance Leedy said...

Laurie, this is soooo pretty! The colors and the images are beautiful but I love the way you stamped and colored on Kraft--gorgeous! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Tammy said...

Beautiful, love how you made the colors pop on kraft!

Donna said...

Beautiful card! I've been wanting to play with this technique, I just got a pack of kraft cardstock as I had used all mine up, now to find the time.

stampwithsandy said...

So pretty, Laurie! I love the color combo and how you heat embossed the flowers and them colored them. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!