Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bokeh technique thank you

Hi everyone! I had a chance yesterday to play around with the new technique that is being featured over on The Friday Mashup! It's called Bokeh and you can find the video here. I used this weeks sketch over at Less is More to put it all together.

Regular water color paints and water color paper used to create the background. I ended up making my own circle stencil (even though I have about 3) using some acetate and circle nesties. I spread out the circles on the acetate so that it would be easier to use the dauber and white craft ink. The stencils that I have are all polka dot and I would have had to mask way too many of them. It was just way easier to create my own.

Sentiment is from Wplus9. Ended up adding some black splotches onto this using the Tim Holtz marker spritzer tool. To get the bottom tag to stand out, I sponged some thistle colored ink around the edges. Die is from MFT and I used a rectangle nestie to cut and emboss the main image.

Well, that is it for today. I desperately need to clean up my craft area. Talk about clutter! Ugh!


Follow on Bloglovin

12 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous use of the inks, love the circles and the pretty colours.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic card Laurie
Lovely gentle colours and so thrilled with your homemade stencil... It's perfect. Great use of the sketch.
Sarah
Less is more

Glittered Paws said...

Love this - going to go check out the technique now.

Tammy said...

Oh buts its always good clutter! Love your card, very pretty!

Lisa said...

Great job with the technique, this is a lovely CAS card!

Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Kate said...

Very pretty, thanks for sharing, off to check out the technique.

Chrissie said...

This looks great, it's a super technique which works so well with this simple sketch!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lynne said...

Love your handmade stencil, it works wonderfully. A fabulous card.
Lynne xxx

Donna said...

How creative, I really like that technique, I've not seen it before. Your card is beautiful!

Michelle said...

I love your font and the colouring. Great use of the sketch.
Thanks for sharing

Viv said...

Amazing as always Laurie :) Viv xx

Anne said...

Fab Bokeh Laurie, I've been experimenting with it too!
Super take on the sketch
Thanks for joining in with Less is More this week
Anne
LIM Designer