Friday, November 14, 2014

Joy

Hi everyone! I've been working on this Christmas tag for a couple of days and finally got it finished to post. I'm still not 100% satisfied with it, but it is what it is.

I saw that there is a mixed media tag challenge being held over at Stamping with Loll and this is what I came up with.

I started off with a chip board tag. Painted it a cream color then added some rock candy distress crackle paint. Once dry, I added some distress spray stain colors and using a paper towel rubbed it into the little cracks. Then added more distress colors around the edges to give it an old country look.

Memory box has this really nice fir tree branch die that includes two sizes that I used in the top left corner. The pine cone is made out of a rolled flower die. I just cut the size down a bit. (this is the part of the tag that I'm not too happy with) Christmas lights were purchased at Hobby Lobby and glued on after adding a bit of wire.

The Joy is a die from Savvy stamps. I cut it out of white cardstock and then sprayed it with antiqued brass spray distress stain. Layered it with a cut out of dark brown so that it would stand out a bit more. Lastly, added the plaid tie and finished it off with a bow using some baker twine.

Thanks for stopping by!




Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

Loll said...

Hi Laurie. The crackle and distress ink background of your tag does look country to me ... a bit of weathered and aged wood --- very cool and a great design! The pine branches, cone and little lights add a lovely contrast to the soft colours of the background and really pop. And the JOY is simply beautiful. Great job Laurie!! Thanks so much for playing along with my Christmas tag event! Loll xx

nancy littrell said...

I Love the weathered look of your gorgeous background. All your die cut embellishments are stunning. I Love every single detail. TFS

Linda said...

What a gorgeous tag. I love the background and the fairy lights are just adorable! xx

Brenda said...

Wow, what a gorgeous tag! I love the background and the colors you have used for the background. The greenery is beautiful and gives such a 3D feel and I just love those little lights! The joy and ribbon just finish this tag off perfectly. Hugs, Brenda