Monday, January 26, 2015

Celebrate

Hi everyone! Still fighting the crud but was able to find some Mojo to play around with the challenge over at The Paper Players. This time around it was a sketch, which you can see below.


The girls are a stamp from Stamping Bella and paper pieced. Which is a technique I don't do a lot of for some reason!  I also added a bit of glossy accents to their drinks to make them look real. Copic's used to color their hair. Still need to work on my black hair coloring.

Celebrate sentiment is from Stampin Up! Stitched circle die is from Lil' Inker Designs and the straight edge is from Pretty Pink Posh, I believe.

Designer paper is from Authentique.  I did add a circle of black behind the party girls, it's just a smidge bigger than the stitched circle and then I popped it up with foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by!



Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

Patti J said...

I really like this one, Laurie! Your coloring, and paper piecing are perfect, and what a great choice of colors and papers! Well done!

Unknown said...

Love the papers chosen for the dresses. I may have to give paper piecing a try.

Glittered Paws said...

I'm thinking you are feeling much better - the party girls look like they are having a real blast. Great card and you nailed the sketch.

Donna said...

This is fabulous, great color combo and great image!

Tammy said...

I was hoping that you were back to 100%, maybe tomorrow! Sweet card, love the image!

Claire Broadwater said...

Sure hope you are feeling much better! Your card is adorable! I love the paper pieced dresses! Such a fun card! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX