Friday, May 1, 2015

Congratulation flowers

Good afternoon! Here is my take on the sketch over at CAS(e) this Sketch.

Of course I had to be a bit of a rebel and turn the tag upside down. Flower and vase stamps and dies are from Clearly Besotted. Tag die is from Papertrey, Ink. Yellow tiny pearls used in the center of the flowers are from Kaisercraft.

Sentiment is from Tim Holtz and I cut it out using the smallest fishtail banner from MFT. Once I cut it out, I stuck it back in to the die to cut the other end. 

Added the clear candy drops at the last minute as I thought this was missing something down in the left hand corner.  I also resisted adding a tie, bow or punching out the hole mainly due to liking the little pop of color it provides. But who knows, it might stick out like a sore thumb. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by!
Follow on Bloglovin








4 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Anything else might detract from your excellent card. Beautifully done Laurie. Nothing else needed.

Hugs and blessings
Jim

Tammy said...

I think your card is perfect as is! Sweet little bouquet!

Leigh Penner said...

This is so sweet & pretty! Great take on the sketch!

I Card Everyone said...

Rebel on, Laurie!! Darling!
=] Michele