Monday, November 23, 2015

Christmas tag

Hello - I had this tag sitting on my desk for a week and then this sketch challenge over at the Paper Players pops up in my in box. WooHoo! Now I get to put it to use.

I had a few fir branches left over from the tree that I made using the new Concord and 9th dies. I glued it down onto a kraft tag and then added from there.

The berry sprig is a die from Poppy stamps. I used a Copic marker on the branch and then some liquid pearls for the berries.

Pine cone is made from a swirl flower die from MFT, I just used brown cardstock and cut a bit off to make it look like a pine cone.


Tiny red bow is made using the Bow Easy and hemp twine used at the top to make a multi-layered bow. I popped this up onto a white layer using foam tape to give it more dimension.

Sentiment is from Papertrey, Ink.  Stitched dies are from Lil' Inkers, MFT and SSS.

I'm linking this card up to the Addicted to CAS dimension challenge as well. They are celebrating 3 years, congratulations! Thanks for stopping in.
Follow on Bloglovin












9 comments:

Darnell said...

Isn't this the best design for putting tags on a card?! You NAILED all the challenges with this striking card, Laurie and I adore red and kraft together!! Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Darnell

Diane said...

Cute card! I love your take on the sketch. CAS cards are wonderful.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

This is such a a classy, chic and sophisticated Christmas card Laurie and so effective against the kraft cardstock. Thanks for sharing and playing along in our birthday challenge at ATCAS.
Sarah x

Claire Broadwater said...

Laurie, I just love the Kraft and red combo! This is simple elegance at it's finest! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Tammy said...

You've posted some wonderful cards while I've been away! Each one is special and well designed!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This tag is indeed perfect for our challenge this week! I love the texture your pine sprig adds and the loopy twine bow. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

This is so sweet and pretty, I just love it! Has a real country Christmas feel to it! Thanks for sharing this at the Players this week!

Glittered Paws said...

Love this card - and the tag is great - your two bows are perfect for the finishing touches.

Jaydee said...

Love the layers and the twine - they add so much dimension. What a great way to combine the challenges. Thanks for joining us for our birthday celebration at Addicted to CAS and our Tic Tac Toe at the Paper Players
Jaydee