Sunday, December 20, 2015

Homespun heart banner

Hello everyone! The challenge over at Less is More is Homespun and this is what I came up with.

The banner and heart are cut out of a piece of canvas sheet that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. It was in the scrapbook paper area and there was one 12 x 12 piece in the package. I picked a few of them up when they were half price and have horded them for a while.

I used the banner and heart die from the Simon Says Stamp die set called stitched shapes. Here is the link. To color the heart I used the watermelon alcohol ink and then heat set it.

Used one of the rectangle stitched dies from Lil' Inkers to emboss on the kraft cardstock. The reason I used Kraft on this is so that my banner didn't fade into the background. When I used a white card base it all but disappeared. I have also thought that kraft, cream and red make a wonder color combo anyway.

Sentiment is from PTI. I added a piece of red bakers twine to the top so that it appears that it is a banner and then added a string bow to the heart. Kept this pretty clean and simple as it will most likely go to my DH for Valentines day.  Thanks for stopping by.


Follow on Bloglovin







11 comments:

Patti J said...

Very cute, Laurie! Love it! Thanks for the inspiration, my friend!

Irish Cherokee said...

Plain, simple and wonderful Laurie. Love it.

Hugs and Wishing you and yours blessings and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year ahead of time. Just in case, Ho Ho Ho. Smile

Jim

Anne said...

Laurie what a perfect homespun creation, the kraft and the stitched embossed into it are so effective.
Thank you for joining our last challenge of the year and wishing you a very happy new year.
Anne
"Less is More"

Jasleen Kaur said...

Perfectly 'homespun' and so cute. Love the texture of the canvas and the heart against the kraft base.

Jasleen Kaur said...

Perfectly 'homespun' and so cute. The texture of the canvas banner against the kraft base is just amazing :)

Neets B said...

So glad you used a kraft base, it works perfectly with your canvas and the pop of red.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Neets B said...

So glad you used a kraft base, it works perfectly with your canvas and the pop of red.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Glittered Paws said...

Very nice - love the simplicity of the heart and you dyed it - awesome idea.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Elegant, striking and with a true homespun feel.
Great work Laurie.
Thanks so much for playing along and a Happy New Year to you.
Sarah
Less is More

AlisonC said...

You're right about the kraft colour and it makes it look more homespun. Simple but lovely Idea.

Chrissie said...

I'm sorry that I'm so late in commenting but having various visitors over the holiday period made me rather behind!
Just love this Laurie, it's simply perfect for our homespun challenge!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is more"