Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Joy to the world

Hello! Here is my take on this weeks Freshly Made Sketch. I'm on vacation from work this week so had plenty of time today to play.

Rustic white cardstock is from PTI, I used it for the base and for the next layer, which is popped up using foam tape.

Embossing folder is from We R Memory Keepers. I love the quilted look it provides and it's pretty deeply embossed. 

Banner tag is cut from Bazzill antique paper and then colored with Festive Berries distress inks. The music sheet paper is just that, paper, so it was a bit of a challenge to sponge the distress ink on without tearing it.

Poinsettia die is from Poppy Stamps and the pine die is from Impression Obsession. I used some cream colored satin ribbon in the back ground so that it would help to set off the colors of greens and hide the line between the embossing.  Lastly, the sentiment is from PTI.
Thanks for stopping by.










Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This is beautiful! I love that textured background! Glad you joined us at FMS!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty card. Love the poinsettia. Great take on the sketch.

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Laurie, gorgeous poinsettia and I love how you've used it!

Sweet Paper Bliss said...

Stunning card. Love the embossing.

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - love the poinsettia - great die. The lt. beige ribbon gave it just the right touch,.

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card! I love that poinsettia and the gorgeous quilted background! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!