Sunday, January 31, 2016

Thanks a bunch

Hi there! Here is my take on the tic-tac-toe challenge over at The Paper Players.

I stamped this wonderful daffodil image from Technique Tuesday's Greenhouse Society in Versafine ink and heat set it using clear embossing powder. Colored it using Copic markers onto Neenah 120# cardstock. I think I'm liking this paper for Copic's now as it appears that the Copic markers don't soak into the paper as much.

Sentiment is from Clearly Besotted. Die is from Project life as is the main panel that the daffodils is on.

Dragonfly die is from Memory Box. I cut the body out of black cardstock and the wings are cut out of shimmery vellum.

So, for the tic-tac-toe, I went vertically down the left using Flowers, die cuts and yellow.

Thanks for stopping in!
















8 comments:

Tammy said...

Very pretty! Cannot wait to see daffodils blooming!

Patti J said...

Now I'm craving spring! Beautiful card, Laurie! Good luck on the challenge!

Darnell said...

This card is like a fresh spring thank you hug, Laurie! I adore daffodils AND dragonflies, so I'm totally enamored with this design!! Hugs, Darnell

Doris said...

The Greenhouse Society has such beautiful stamp sets, and you made good use of this one here!

Claire Broadwater said...

I just love these daffodils, Laurie! It makes me long for Spring! Beautiful coloring, too! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Very pretty - I love a daffodil (being Welsh and all!) and yours are incredibly realistic. The delicate dragonfly is a great addition too. Thanks for joining us for tic-tac-toe over at The Paper Players this week!

Diane said...

Great card Laurie! I love the coloring, and it's such a fresh spring card.

Glittered Paws said...

Very pretty - if our weather stays this warm we will soon be having daffodils popping up. So ready for spring despite the fact that we have had a mild winter.