Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Watercolor flowers

Hi everyone! I don't know what to make of it, but I have lost 4 "followers" in a day. I know that google is doing some weird things with blogger, but it sure is disappointing to see my numbers going down instead of up. If you've been following me for a while, I thank and appreciate you!

OK, on to the watercolor creation for today. This is for this weeks Freshly Made Sketch and the Red challenge over at Addicted to CAS.

I stamped this trio of outline flowers from the Vintage Linen set from Papetrey, Ink onto Ranger watercolor paper. Then it is heat embossed using fine white embossing powder.

Ranger distress ink in Festive Berries used to watercolor in the flowers and the back ground is done in Blueprint sketch distress ink.

Hello word die is cut out of black cardstock an then popped up using little tiny bits of foam tape. 

This is the first time I played around with this technique and I got to say that I kind of like the look of it. Watercoloring is not a technique I feel I do well. It must be the perfectionist in me, feeling it's just not "finished" or something.

Thanks so much for stopping in. Let me know what you think of my watercolor creation - I need some encouragement or corrective feedback!



Follow on Bloglovin


5 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Oh my, Laurie, this is just stunning! Love that beautiful water-colouring and those big, bold blooms! Have a lovely day/evening! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Natalie said...

This is so pretty Laurie!! I love using distress inks to water color. I think the issue with blogger is that they have to have a blog to follow you now and they are eliminating the ones that don't. That's what I heard anyway. I lost some, too...

Donna said...

Gorgeous just like it is Laurie!

Doni High said...

Love the watercolor look...you did a good job with this!
Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Glittered Paws said...

I think you did a great job with your watercoloring, very pretty.