Saturday, February 18, 2017

Blue bird of happiness

Hello. Taking part in two challenges today. TGIF challenge and Addicted to CAS.

I needed a bird and some wood. Here is what I came up with.

Buzzard and sentiment are from Art Impressions.

I stamped him in Versafine and heat embossed using clear embossing powder so that I could color with Copic's.

Used the wood embossing folder from Sizzix and added some die cut branches for him to roost on.

I just love the expression on his face!

Thanks for stopping by.




















6 comments:

Donna Heber said...

Hi Laurie,

Great card for the challenge. The wood background is perfect too and I agree he has quite the expression. Hope you are doing well.

Karol L said...

OMG this is to funny. I have always called my husband Buzzard i think i just might have to CAS this card.

Rochelle Blok said...

Fabulous card, Laurie. Such a fun creation! Thanks for playing along this week at TGIF Challenges. Rochelle xo

Carolynn Sander said...

This buzzard reminds me of something from a Disney movie! He has character that's for sure! He makes for a humorous birthday card! I love your dry embossing and the die cut branch in the background! You've combined them to form a perfect card layout! Thanks for joining in the fun over at TGIF this week! <3

Elizabeth Price said...

Your card gave me a good laugh. The details and care you have taken in creating your card are amazing. I am glad you joined our inspiration challenge at TGIF. Smiles, Elizabeth

Bhavana said...

Amazing card.. LOved that wooden background you created. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS!!