Monday, September 18, 2017

Project of the week - Inlaid sentiments

Hi everyone. It’s my turn to host the project of the week over at the House That Stamps Built. I’ve chosen to do an inlaid sentiment, so grab your supplies, and follow along.


I used the new Distress Oxide inks, Versamark ink, the Solid flower stamp from RI #10301-H and the Happy Birthday Day die.



I stamped the flower randomly over the card front with Versamark, then heat embossed it using clear embossing powder. Using the Oxide inks, I blended out my color combo. Then I cut the sentiment out and preserved all the bits and pieces.

Cut out another sentiment using a coordinating color of cardstock and again, preserve all the bits and pieces.

Lay your piece onto a card base and add some tape or glue and then reinsert all the letters and pieces.  

This is what it looks like finished and you can get two cards out of this technique if you plan right.


Hope this inspires you dig through your dies and supplies to make a few cards.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Great technique and tutorial and like how you did two cards with it!

Glittered Paws said...

Great tutorial - must try this soon. and bonus - two cards.